Are you experiencing problems connecting ErgZone to PM5?
- Check if wireless is turned on in the PM5 and if you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.
- Don’t start ErgData. PM5 only allows one app to be connected simultaneously via Bluetooth. Better yet, force close the app to ensure it is not connected to the erg.
- Are you using an HR monitor? If so, then make sure it's not running on low battery.
- Are there any other erg machines in the same room? Make sure you are selecting the one that displays the exact number.
- Ensure your PM5 is not in your phone's Bluetooth settings list of paired devices. You have to "Forget" the PM5 device if it's there. PM5 uses a different Bluetooth protocol designed for low-energy devices that don't need manual pairing.
- Check your device's battery mode. Sometimes, the device will not connect if battery saving mode is on.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Go to your PM5, Connect, More ANT+ Options, and ensure no option is selected.
- Is your phone inside a case? Try removing it. Some cases can interfere with signals.
- You need to allow Bluetooth permission. The app prompts you to enable the permission but to ensure everything is correct, go to the iOS settings, search for ErgZone, and see if the Bluetooth option is enabled.
- You should reset network settings; it will clear all your WIFI and Bluetooth configurations and might help with the problem. Open the Settings app, then General, Transfer or Reset iPhone, Reset, and Reset Network Settings.
- On Android, disable battery optimization for some specific apps. See this YouTube video showing all the steps you have to take.
- If you are on Android, you must allow the location permission and have GPS enabled. We don't track any location data, but this is how Android allows the app to connect via BLE (Bluetooth low energy) devices.
Are you still experiencing difficulties with an Android device?
- Turn PM5 on and press the connect button
- Go to the Bluetooth settings (where you can pair a new device)
- Pair with the PM5 device that shows up on your phone.
- Unpair PM5 by forgetting the device.
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Select Application Manager
- Click the three dots in the top right corner and select All System Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Bluetooth app.
- Stop your device’s Bluetooth app by tapping Force Stop.
- Next, tap Clear Cache.
- Restart your device and try connecting ErgZone again.
Have you updated your Android recently?
Are you experiencing disconnections?
Update PM5 firmware
The first thing Concept2 will tell us (or you) when an error happens is to update the firmware and try again. That is the only way they can ensure your PM5 has the bug fixes they published.
Remove PM5 Battery to Reset Faulty Memory
Check the PM5 battery.
Try again without using a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)
- Disable Wi-Fi on your phone and see if the Bluetooth disconnections go away.
- Move the router or PM5 to be far away.
- Read Apple's article that contains more ideas to reduce Wi-Fi interference https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542.